If you only ever make one of my recipes, make it this one!
These Low-Carb Mocha Protein Donuts are deliciously moist, chocolatey, filling Aaaaand Good For You! #winning!!
✅Low carb ✅Gluten free ✅Guilt free ✅Tastes amazing
They are moist and slightly crumbly, and then you add the chocolate cream cheese frosting on top, take a bite and you’re in low-carb heaven.
I whipped these up on the weekend and am excited to finally be able to share the recipe with you!
My only regret is only making two… because they’re already gone
Makes two large donuts
- 1/3 cup protein pancake mix
- 50ml milk
- 2tsp powdered Stevia
- 1tsp hot water
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee
- 1/2 tsp cacao
- 100g cream cheese, softened
- 50ml cream
- 15g 85% chocolate, melted
Preheat oven to 160*C fan forced
- Whisk the protein mix, egg and milk together in a bowl.
- In a small cup, combine the stevia, hot water, instant coffee and cacao together to form a syrupy paste.
- Pour into donut moulds (make sure you have greased them well)
- Bake at 160*c until golden and a skewer comes out clean
- Allow to cool in tray. Meanwhile make the icing by combining all ingredients in a small bowl.
- When donuts are cool, ice them with the chocolate icing. Optional: Sprinkle with shavings of 85% chocolate. (I simply scraped a vegetable peeler over the chocolate to create these).
Ps. I ate my donuts before I had a chance to get a better photo! When you make yours, please tag me (@happyhealthylowcarb) so I can see your works of deliciousness 😀 😉 xo Lauren.